Amanda Shaffer left Bakersfield and came back for what she thought was temporary but found she had a work to do. Along with her co-founder Jocelyn Dimaya, they are on a mission to bring together the creative community in Kern County. Amanda shares with us her journey, and how she pushes through even while not being sure what to do next.
- Amanda is a native of Bakersfield California.
- Amanda went to San Francisco for college to study apparel design and came back to build up the creative community.
- Amanda traveled to Australia and later took a three month trip across Europe.
- She eventually decided to come back to Bakersfield to spend time with her family after being away for a while.
- Amanda's sense of design and creativity started with a desire to be unique and different.
- She was interested in many different things during her life but she felt that nothing else ever stuck.
- Amanda admits that she is sometimes not 100% confident in what she does.
- When describing herself to others she likes to focus on the things which she spends most of her time doing.
- Amanda has the vision to bring together the creative community in Kern County.
- She believes even if you think you don't have talent she still wants to highlight that talent.
- Amanda fights uncertainty by always working hard at whatever she does.
- Everything about the businesses she has created was unplanned and happened organically.
- Amanda believes that we currently have access to a wealth of information where lean just about anything.
- Amanda says to her younger self remember that there is another world out there ready for you to explore.
- Amanda has a goal to work nine months out of the year and travel three.
- She does not try to entertain the negative experiences she moves on and focuses on the positive things.
- To overcome burn out Amanda and Jocelyn we ask for help.
- She wants to bring together everyone in Kern County, and she wants everyone to enjoy the things that they do.amanda
- Ideally, Amada want's to highlight Artists and give them exposure to potential partnerships and collaborations.
Sew at The Studio